Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Next week???

Is anyone else overwhelmed that Christmas is next week? I am SO unprepared... and I'm a planner, so this is really unlike me. I know that I have the excuse of all that has recently transpired, but that doesn't mean Christmas will come any slower or can be postponed...

Ours will be quite scaled back holiday from years past, but that's ok. Not only is money really tight, ok maybe non-existant is more the word, but I'm just not into it either. I put up the tree of course - mostly because a certain 3 year old has asked me every day since before Halloween why we can't put up our tree today... But I have boxes of decorations I didn't even open up this time. I think I'm just going through the motions for the kids this year.

Things have changed... my whole life is going to be different. And don't get me wrong, it is fine that it's different. Adjusting to some new routines and new traditions will be hard though. And I really miss my dad right now. He loved the holidays, so I think this time will forever be a little empty feeling with him gone.

Anyway, I'm just so unprepared... am I the only one???

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Rachel, I am really sorry that you aren't feeling into the holiday stuff. I completely understand why, but I feel bad. I am sure you are not the only one, but I, on the other hand cannot wait for my kids to open their gifts from Santa. (not like there's very many) but you get to come have christmas dinner with us. that's a plus right? well, if you took out one certain person.
I love you!!!

Kellie said...

i'm not ready either! after going home from a long day at work I am zero-percent motivated to go Christmast shopping...so I'm grateful for online shopping :)
And doesn't the movie Elf recommend, "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear"--so you better get singing!

Lisa said...

Hey Rach, don't be so hard on yourself. I just barely put away my Halloween decorations on Sunday (Dec. 14th!). The kids have taken to raiding the Christmas boxes themselves because I can't get around to it. It's OKAY!