4 weeks ago
Friday, November 27, 2009
Sweet little Audrey turned 3 today... she was sick for part of the day, but wanted McDonalds for dinner. I think she ate 3 fries and 1 bite of chicken nuggets. I wish I coud have forseen that, I would have suggested something a little better! Anyway, she opened her presents and was SO excited about her pink princess dress-up set... it's similar to a white dress up set Hallie got for her birthday last January (Audrey always wants to wear it). Now she has her own and she's so happy! I can't believe my baby is now 3 years old...
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- My children (even when they are naughty and I think I can't do this another second). I sincerely love them and love being their mom.
- Spencer... where have you been my whole life? You are so good to me and I am amazed daily that you are a part of my life. You make me so happy. Thank you... I love you.
- Our health. We are so blessed to be healthy and strong. I am very grateful.
- My job. Even when I can't hardly stand it. I am very thankful to be employed, work with people I enjoy, and have health insurance.
- This country... it isn't perfect, but we are so blessed to have the freedom of making our own choices. And I am thankful to those who continue to fight and are willing to die for that right.
- My family & friends. After all I have been through over the past year (and more), I am so appreciative of the love and support I have received.
- Opportunities. Sometimes the greatest blessings come when we least expect them and in the most unusual ways. I am learning to always be open to change and never let opportunities pass me by...
- Time. Each day is a gift and I am learning to appreciate the expereinces and memories each day brings.
- Simple things. It doesn't take much for me to be happy and content. I am grateful for the small things in my life that make the journey so much sweeter. And for those in my life that do small things that let me know they care and love me.
- The Lord. He has blessed me with the above and in so many additional ways...
Monday, November 16, 2009
This morning as I was driving to work with Miss Hallie and Miss Audrey, there was a commerical on the radio about the dangers of secondhand smoke. Hallie asked me what "hand-smoke" was, so I explained the danger of breathing the air around someone who is smoking. I told her about getting the smoke in your lungs and that is isn't good for your body. She thought about that for a minute and then told me "we shouldn't eat marshmallows anymore either". What????? "Yeah, they get smoke in them when we roast them in the campfire, so they aren't good for our bodies." LOL... after I quit laughing, we talked about how marshmallows are ok... and hotdogs too. I love how little kids think... so cute.
Monday, November 2, 2009
My cute girls.
All ready for trick or treating.
Audrey was SO tired... she was not happy about posing for pictures.
Hallie loved her costume... she came up with it herself out of the blue. I didn't even know she knew who batgirl was...
Scary Skeleton Dallin. He was so excited about painting his face... turned out pretty cool!