Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
1. I talk to myself - and answer myself. I have full on conversations with me at the grocery store. Sometimes if I'm caught I pretend I'm talking to Audrey. She plays along so well.
2. I can't eat cows. I haven't had any red meat in more than 5 years and the thought of eating it makes me a little nauseated. Even when I was pregnant with Hallie and Audrey and I craved cheeseburgers with a fierceness, I didn't give in. If only I had that same willpower against chocolate...
3. I am very claustrophobic. So bad that even using earplugs or being blindfolded makes me nervous. I've had countless MRIs for my migraines and a MS scare, and all but twice I freaked out in the tube. Had to be pulled out in hysterics. The two times I was ok... much better drugs.
4. I don't know how to drive a stick shift. So stupid, huh? I just never learned and now I don't care. We've always had automatic cars, so no big deal.
5. I love graham crackers. My favorite way to eat them? Break apart the whole graham cracker into the four pieces, stack them together and dunk them in milk. So good. Hallie and I sit together and eat them this way. I also love them as smores (Dallin's fav) and in any pie as a graham cracker crust, especially a chocolate graham cracker crust.
6. I adore flip flops. I wear them year round. Only time I won't is in a blizzard. Just last week I was going into the courthouse and the sheriffs doing security check at the front doors were laughing at me cause it was freezing and I had my cute little flip flops on. But I had cute painted toes that begged to be free. Oh, remember when we used to call them thongs? Yeah, not the same meaning anymore.
7. I hate it when someone reads my magazine before I have a chance to flip though it. Drives me insane. I want it to be fresh. Same goes for catalogs in the mail and coupons/ads out of the Sunday paper. Kesley knows this and reads them just to get to me - I'm onto her.
8 Movies I like to watch
- PS I Love You
- Phantom of the Opera
- The Electric Horseman
- Walk the Line
- The Notebook
- The Saint
- The Italian Job
- Made cookies with the kids. We ate a lot of dough.
- Started a new book... The Hungar Games
- Took a nap (thank you kids)
- Finally finished folding the laundry
- Furnace broke in the morning and it was 61' in our house - it's fixed now.
- Made dinner
- Everyone bathed/showered - major accomplishment in our house!
- Planned out my week.
- Red Rock
- The Pub
- Cafe Rio
- Paradise Bakery
- Thai Siam
- Macaroni Grill
- Cheesecake Factory
- Market Street
- Spending the holidays with my kids.
- Selling my house - not too optimistic about this one though.
- Twilight movie comes out this Friday.
- My 2 little nephews arriving in Spring '09.
- Getting together for dinner with my childhood best freind this weekend.
- Only have to work 2.5 days next week.
- My mom's house being finished - love her, but having her live with us is hard.
- Putting this year behind me and starting fresh in 2009.
- Wish I was out of debt!
- Wish I had more patience.
- Wish Scott could find a job.
- Wish I had enough money for my kid's Christmas.
- Wish my house would sell (and for the asking price).
- Wish I wasn't so hard on myself. Why are we our own worst critics?
- Wish I had more motivation to list all the things I have to sell on eBay.
- Wish I was home in my warm bed and not at work right now.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Rick Fullmer (November 3, 1944 - February 3, 2006)
Cancer is so limited…
It cannot cripple Love.
It cannot shatter Hope.
It cannot corrode Faith.
It cannot destroy Peace.
It cannot kill Friendship.
It cannot suppress Memories.
It cannot silence Courage.
It cannot invade the Soul.
It cannot steal Eternal Life.
It cannot conquer the Spirit.