Tuesday, September 30, 2008
We had a nice dinner at Bill & Bonita's Sunday evening and spent time with the family. Kind of low key, but Kesley seemed fine with that. She and I are going out to dinner this next weekend with her best friend who also turned 15 this weekend.
Some birthday pictures...
Monday, September 15, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
2. Texting - Kesley reminded me I need to pick her up today (yeah, I had forgotten!) and I've been texting an old high school friend back & forth all morning. So great to chat with your thumbs.
3. Lean Cuisines - I am trying not to eat as much bread in my diet, so what to make for lunch in place of a sandwich? These are quick and easy and Albertsons has them on sale for $1.88 each this week. My freezer is stocked. Oh, and I love them for "eating at my desk at work lunches" too!
4. Madonna's New CD: Hard Candy - We don't buy CDs anymore (itunes is all you need), but this CD is awesome and I love every song. Yes I have loved Madonna since her early days - her music, not her acting or her books! I guess I am and always will be a material girl at heart.
5. Jergen's Shimmer Lotion - not only is this an awesome moisturizing lotion, but it adds shimmer to your skin. Not like glitter, but very subtle. I love it - beware though, it is hard to find!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
20 years ago.....
- I was a sophmore at Bountiful High.
- I was 15 (almost the same age as my oldest child!)
- Scott and I hung out a lot - he was always one of my best friends.
- I was totally addicted to Depeche Mode and INXS.
- I had been married for 3 years.
- I was in between jobs and loved being home with Kesley, almost 5.
- We had barely begun the infertility/adoption rollar coaster.
- We went on a fabulous vacation to Disneyland with my parents and brother.
5 years ago....
- I was mom to Dallin (3) and Kelsey (almost 10).
- We lived in Woods Cross, UT
- I paid off all my student loans (woo-hoo!).
- Scott and I went to Boston/Cape Cod - just us!
- Hallie was a baby and we were just enjoying her in our family.
- Dallin started Kindergarten and Kes was in 6th grade.
- Scott quit the Highway Patrol.
- We sold our trailor. :(
- Audrey had joined our family and I was glad to be done with pregnancy/nursing for good!
- We had been in our new home for 4 months.
- My work schedule changed and I now job share.
- Must have been boring - I can't think of anything else!
- I have completed several big projects and am getting ready to start another.
- My mom moved in with us - so far, so good!
- My work schedule changed again and I work 2 days a week (5 off in a row isn't half bad).
- Scott and I have been married 13 years.
- I worked 10 hours.
- We tried to have FHE - the little ones have very small attention spans.
- The girls and I made cookies.
- I ate too many cookies and too much dough.
- I am again working (shhh... don't tell, I am taking a much needed break!)
- Kesley is home "sick". Third absense since school started. (((help)))
- I have headache from drinking too much diet dr pepper yesterday.
- I hope my mom makes dinner so I don't have to.
- I need to do laundry!
- I am taking my girls on a walk if it isn't raining.
- I really need to work in my yard.
- I don't have to work!!! :)
- We hope Scott has a different job.
- My mom will have a new house (and I get my basement back).
- Hallie starts pre-school.
- I hope I've lost 10 pounds!
This really made me think! I tag Shelly, Kate and Elizabeth (only if you want to).
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
1. Fresh fruit and vegetable stands. Last night we had fresh corn on the cob, fresh baby red potatoes and fresh peaches. SOOOO GOOD!!!
2. Back to school. The kids got so bored by the end of August. I like the routine of school and homework and bedtimes (not that we are all that great at keeping them, but we strive!)
3. Cooler nights and crisp mornings. We've needed jackets each morning and Dallin doesn't want to wear shorts to school since he rides his bike. I L-O-V-E opening the windows and letting cool fresh air in my house.
4. Darker earlier. Summer is hard since it stays light so much longer - the little girls can't settle down for sleep. Right now it's dark at 8:30 p.m. - the perfect bedtime for them!
5. Leaves changing color. Since we've already had some light snow in the northern Utah mountain tops, the leaves changing color is right around the corner. I love living right by the Wastach mountains and watching for the first signs of red and yellow leaves. We always go for scenic drives to see the beautiful fall leaves.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Malibu ski boat and the houseboat
Dallin, Scott & Audrey on the watercraft
Hallie, Audrey, me & Scott
Me enjoying the boat ride
Holli and I
Eric & Sawyer
Kesley & Tazia