Friday, December 26, 2008
Christmas morning was a bit stressed. Kesley had to work at 7am, so we all got up at 5am to open presents. YOu can see in this picture it was a bit rough... lens cap not all the way open, Kesley is asleep, Audrey is crying... we are a sorry looking bunch. Scott also joined us for Christmas morning...
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Ours will be quite scaled back holiday from years past, but that's ok. Not only is money really tight, ok maybe non-existant is more the word, but I'm just not into it either. I put up the tree of course - mostly because a certain 3 year old has asked me every day since before Halloween why we can't put up our tree today... But I have boxes of decorations I didn't even open up this time. I think I'm just going through the motions for the kids this year.
Things have changed... my whole life is going to be different. And don't get me wrong, it is fine that it's different. Adjusting to some new routines and new traditions will be hard though. And I really miss my dad right now. He loved the holidays, so I think this time will forever be a little empty feeling with him gone.
Anyway, I'm just so unprepared... am I the only one???
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
1. I talk to myself - and answer myself. I have full on conversations with me at the grocery store. Sometimes if I'm caught I pretend I'm talking to Audrey. She plays along so well.
2. I can't eat cows. I haven't had any red meat in more than 5 years and the thought of eating it makes me a little nauseated. Even when I was pregnant with Hallie and Audrey and I craved cheeseburgers with a fierceness, I didn't give in. If only I had that same willpower against chocolate...
3. I am very claustrophobic. So bad that even using earplugs or being blindfolded makes me nervous. I've had countless MRIs for my migraines and a MS scare, and all but twice I freaked out in the tube. Had to be pulled out in hysterics. The two times I was ok... much better drugs.
4. I don't know how to drive a stick shift. So stupid, huh? I just never learned and now I don't care. We've always had automatic cars, so no big deal.
5. I love graham crackers. My favorite way to eat them? Break apart the whole graham cracker into the four pieces, stack them together and dunk them in milk. So good. Hallie and I sit together and eat them this way. I also love them as smores (Dallin's fav) and in any pie as a graham cracker crust, especially a chocolate graham cracker crust.
6. I adore flip flops. I wear them year round. Only time I won't is in a blizzard. Just last week I was going into the courthouse and the sheriffs doing security check at the front doors were laughing at me cause it was freezing and I had my cute little flip flops on. But I had cute painted toes that begged to be free. Oh, remember when we used to call them thongs? Yeah, not the same meaning anymore.
7. I hate it when someone reads my magazine before I have a chance to flip though it. Drives me insane. I want it to be fresh. Same goes for catalogs in the mail and coupons/ads out of the Sunday paper. Kesley knows this and reads them just to get to me - I'm onto her.
8 Movies I like to watch
- PS I Love You
- Phantom of the Opera
- The Electric Horseman
- Walk the Line
- The Notebook
- The Saint
- The Italian Job
- Made cookies with the kids. We ate a lot of dough.
- Started a new book... The Hungar Games
- Took a nap (thank you kids)
- Finally finished folding the laundry
- Furnace broke in the morning and it was 61' in our house - it's fixed now.
- Made dinner
- Everyone bathed/showered - major accomplishment in our house!
- Planned out my week.
- Red Rock
- The Pub
- Cafe Rio
- Paradise Bakery
- Thai Siam
- Macaroni Grill
- Cheesecake Factory
- Market Street
- Spending the holidays with my kids.
- Selling my house - not too optimistic about this one though.
- Twilight movie comes out this Friday.
- My 2 little nephews arriving in Spring '09.
- Getting together for dinner with my childhood best freind this weekend.
- Only have to work 2.5 days next week.
- My mom's house being finished - love her, but having her live with us is hard.
- Putting this year behind me and starting fresh in 2009.
- Wish I was out of debt!
- Wish I had more patience.
- Wish Scott could find a job.
- Wish I had enough money for my kid's Christmas.
- Wish my house would sell (and for the asking price).
- Wish I wasn't so hard on myself. Why are we our own worst critics?
- Wish I had more motivation to list all the things I have to sell on eBay.
- Wish I was home in my warm bed and not at work right now.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Rick Fullmer (November 3, 1944 - February 3, 2006)
Cancer is so limited…
It cannot cripple Love.
It cannot shatter Hope.
It cannot corrode Faith.
It cannot destroy Peace.
It cannot kill Friendship.
It cannot suppress Memories.
It cannot silence Courage.
It cannot invade the Soul.
It cannot steal Eternal Life.
It cannot conquer the Spirit.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Dallin was Batman, Hallie was a witch and Audrey was a leopard (with her finger up her nose - so lovely)
Ready for trick or treating with their dad
Some of Scott's family over for dinner.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
But some of you may have noticed a small weight loss tracker on the right lower side of my blog. AND, drum-roll please... I am finally within 3 pounds of my goal weight. I'm thrilled that I had to buy new way smaller jeans cause my old ones no longer fit. That is an awesome feeling. So I just wanted to share cause THIS is something happy going on in my life. :)
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
I will be putting my home up for sale in the next few weeks. We need to make a fresh start. If you know anyone who wants a 5 bedroom home in Centerville, send them my way. This is really a hard decision I have come to, probably the hardest thing I have ever had to decide. I am firm in this though and will only look ahead. My hope is that Scott and I can eventually be friends and put our children above everything else that has happened.
I love you all and thank you for your support - I imagine I will need shoulders to cry on and lean on in the weeks and months to come.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
When I dropped them off and Hallie was immediately impressed she had a cat named Simon. They are going to be best buds until Simon realizes Hallie is not going to leave him alone. He'll have to find a really good hiding spot. Audrey liked the kitty too, but kept looking at me strange as I was taking off her shoes and jacket. Then I kissed them both goodbye, threatened Hallie to be nice to the kitty and her sister, and left. Audrey didn't scream hysterically as I went out the door so I took that as a very good sign. They've been there for 43 minutes - is it too soon to call and check on them???
Daycare bites. Working full-time bites more.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
So Monday I got to undergo a lithotripsy . Since it is extremely painful I was put under general anesthesia, so I don't remember a thing. Basically,they use sound waves to pulverize the stone so it can be passed. Uh-huh, I said passed. For the past three days I have been in a drugged fog trying to cover up the pain from the procedure and the resulting smaller stones. NOT FUN!!!
And the funnest part??? I get to do it AGAIN in 2 weeks to the other kidney. Do I have ALL the luck or what? GRRRRR........
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
We had a nice dinner at Bill & Bonita's Sunday evening and spent time with the family. Kind of low key, but Kesley seemed fine with that. She and I are going out to dinner this next weekend with her best friend who also turned 15 this weekend.
Some birthday pictures...
Monday, September 15, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
2. Texting - Kesley reminded me I need to pick her up today (yeah, I had forgotten!) and I've been texting an old high school friend back & forth all morning. So great to chat with your thumbs.
3. Lean Cuisines - I am trying not to eat as much bread in my diet, so what to make for lunch in place of a sandwich? These are quick and easy and Albertsons has them on sale for $1.88 each this week. My freezer is stocked. Oh, and I love them for "eating at my desk at work lunches" too!
4. Madonna's New CD: Hard Candy - We don't buy CDs anymore (itunes is all you need), but this CD is awesome and I love every song. Yes I have loved Madonna since her early days - her music, not her acting or her books! I guess I am and always will be a material girl at heart.
5. Jergen's Shimmer Lotion - not only is this an awesome moisturizing lotion, but it adds shimmer to your skin. Not like glitter, but very subtle. I love it - beware though, it is hard to find!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
20 years ago.....
- I was a sophmore at Bountiful High.
- I was 15 (almost the same age as my oldest child!)
- Scott and I hung out a lot - he was always one of my best friends.
- I was totally addicted to Depeche Mode and INXS.
- I had been married for 3 years.
- I was in between jobs and loved being home with Kesley, almost 5.
- We had barely begun the infertility/adoption rollar coaster.
- We went on a fabulous vacation to Disneyland with my parents and brother.
5 years ago....
- I was mom to Dallin (3) and Kelsey (almost 10).
- We lived in Woods Cross, UT
- I paid off all my student loans (woo-hoo!).
- Scott and I went to Boston/Cape Cod - just us!
- Hallie was a baby and we were just enjoying her in our family.
- Dallin started Kindergarten and Kes was in 6th grade.
- Scott quit the Highway Patrol.
- We sold our trailor. :(
- Audrey had joined our family and I was glad to be done with pregnancy/nursing for good!
- We had been in our new home for 4 months.
- My work schedule changed and I now job share.
- Must have been boring - I can't think of anything else!
- I have completed several big projects and am getting ready to start another.
- My mom moved in with us - so far, so good!
- My work schedule changed again and I work 2 days a week (5 off in a row isn't half bad).
- Scott and I have been married 13 years.
- I worked 10 hours.
- We tried to have FHE - the little ones have very small attention spans.
- The girls and I made cookies.
- I ate too many cookies and too much dough.
- I am again working (shhh... don't tell, I am taking a much needed break!)
- Kesley is home "sick". Third absense since school started. (((help)))
- I have headache from drinking too much diet dr pepper yesterday.
- I hope my mom makes dinner so I don't have to.
- I need to do laundry!
- I am taking my girls on a walk if it isn't raining.
- I really need to work in my yard.
- I don't have to work!!! :)
- We hope Scott has a different job.
- My mom will have a new house (and I get my basement back).
- Hallie starts pre-school.
- I hope I've lost 10 pounds!
This really made me think! I tag Shelly, Kate and Elizabeth (only if you want to).
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
1. Fresh fruit and vegetable stands. Last night we had fresh corn on the cob, fresh baby red potatoes and fresh peaches. SOOOO GOOD!!!
2. Back to school. The kids got so bored by the end of August. I like the routine of school and homework and bedtimes (not that we are all that great at keeping them, but we strive!)
3. Cooler nights and crisp mornings. We've needed jackets each morning and Dallin doesn't want to wear shorts to school since he rides his bike. I L-O-V-E opening the windows and letting cool fresh air in my house.
4. Darker earlier. Summer is hard since it stays light so much longer - the little girls can't settle down for sleep. Right now it's dark at 8:30 p.m. - the perfect bedtime for them!
5. Leaves changing color. Since we've already had some light snow in the northern Utah mountain tops, the leaves changing color is right around the corner. I love living right by the Wastach mountains and watching for the first signs of red and yellow leaves. We always go for scenic drives to see the beautiful fall leaves.