Saturday, April 26, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
2. A professional pedicure. This one is weird for me because I don't like feet, but I love to have mine soaked, massaged, cleaned-up and polished. I have yet to get mine done for summer (hello, it snowed yesterday), but I love someone else pampering me like that. And I LOVE sandal season!!!
3. Netflix. I love having a list of movies I want to see. As new movies come out on the big screen, I can add them to my queue and Netflix will let me know when they are available on DVD. No more guessing, "What was that preview I saw 6 months ago that I really wanted to see?" And no more running to the video store before midnight to avoid late fees. Drop it in the mailbox and wait for my new one to arrive - and their turn-around time is super quick. Love it.
4. Cute little Hello Kitty. Why am I 34 and I still love her? This is something I should have outgrown, like Barbie or Rainbow Bright (remember her?), but I find myself smiling when I see Hello Kitty items. They are just so sweet.
5. Wallpaper stripper DIFF. I FINALLY removed the last of the crappy wallpaper our previous homeowner had in the family room. It was awful - cheap, ugly and SO hard to get off the wall - ALL FOUR WALLS! Diff made my life so much easier - it's a spray gel, so it STICKS to the wallpaper and soaks it. Even though it took 11 bottles to get the job done, it was worth it. It worked so much better than the steamer I rented. I totally recommend it.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
2. Hershey's 100 Calorie snacksters - I am on my diet and can STILL get my chocolate fix!!!
3. This scripture: "Regarding trials, including of our faith and patience, there are no exemtions - only variations." Mosiah 23:21
4. My flat iron. Since I got my hair cut last week, I am wearing it straight again and I really like this iron - it works really well and is 1/3 of the cost of a chi. Infinity by Conair.
5. New on DVD... JUNO - really liked this movie, it had some hilarious lines and sayings. And it was positive towards adoption, which is refreshing.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Well, we got the news and were not selected for season 6 – couples. Grrr….
The good news is, that they are still considering us for season 7. We gained the understanding that once you apply, it can take several seasons to be cast (assuming they like you in the first place).
So, while the news was not what was desired, I just have to tell you all how much your love and support has meant to me. I have struggled to overcome this issue in my life (as many or all of you know), but with renewed determination, I will still persevere. The world is full of opportunity, so I refuse to let this news get me down.
I have no words. I'm really sorry, but I guess if it usually takes several seasons to get cast, then whatever. I'm sure you are frustrated, but your e-mail seemed very upbeat (which doesn't surprise me because that's the type of person you are!) NBC is the biggest loser in this case because you guys are so incredible for this show! It just must not be your time to do it YET (which totally bites). Maybe there is some experience/opportunity you need to go through BEFORE this amazing opportunity can happen. I too feel like you WILL get cast eventually!!!! So season 6 will air in the fall - will they have season 7 air next spring (or will it wait again until fall 09)? I'm not sure how that all works. Ugh, I'm just so at a loss.
You know I love you to pieces and I am here for you if you need to vent, cry, yell or whatever. Can we plan a lunch again soon? I'd really like to visit when you have some time.
I'm sorry - please tell your family I am sorry. It's just not right. If the Office weren't on tonight, I'd boycott NBC. But, ya know, gotta watch the Office (I really need some humor in my life!)
Thanks for letting me know - I wish it had been different news.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Waiting for him to arrive...
Surprise! He had NO idea.
Great grandkids singing I am a Child of God.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Every Friday I pick FIVE things that I love right now.
1. Fuze - these yummy drinks are actually good for you too!
2. my Dyson vacuum cleaner - it is really powerful and I use it almost daily with my messy brood.
3. this cute Gymboree outfit I just bought Audrey - it has little pansies all over it. I can't wait till it is warm enough for her to wear it. 4. Enchanted - why do I love this movie so much? I'm stuck on these songs all the time and it drives me nuts! It's so fun to watch with Hallie though! 5. Victoria's Secret LOVE SPELL body spray. I love this scent and it makes me happy. I have the body wash too. It's just heavenly.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
So today I was determined to make it different. Here is what I have accomplished so far:
- stripped, washed and remade 2 beds and one crib
- cleaned, organized and dejunked the girl's room
- vacuumed girl's room, hall, stairs, living & family rooms
- swept and thouroughly mopped my wood floor - it's big, so it's a huge job
- currently on my fifth load of laundry
- paid 3 bills
- loaded dishwasher, cleaned & bleached sink, cleaned kitchen counters, microwave and wiped down appliances
Now mind you, it's only 1pm... I still have these items on my list...
- fold and put away last two loads of laundry
- haircut at 2:30
- grocery shopping
- make dinner
- watch tonight's NEW episode of the Office!!!
In between all of this I have also managed to keep 2 little girls entertained, fed them breakfast, snacks & lunch, read 7 stories, changed 2 diapers, helped get dress-up clothes on (and off, and on, and off...), put a sleepy baby to nap, AND finally get a 3 year old ready for the day.
Now I am going to go shower (finally)!!! BYE!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Hallie however seems thrilled she has another dress up partner.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
- I really don't want to cook tonight.
- I need to update my cell phone. I think I want a pink razor - it's one of the choices I can upgrade to for free.
- My back is killing me. Probably from the horrible night's sleep I had last night. Four hours of sleep is not near enough.
- Some IT guy left a stack of papers on my desk when he loaded a new program on my computer. I have no clue who he was and I want him to come back and get his crap off my desk.
- I need to clean off my desk.
- I need some chocolate - all I have in my drawer is jelly beans.
- Somebody stole my staple remover like 6 months ago and I still haven't ordered a new one. I only think about it when I remove a staple and this isn't often, but it sure sucks when you have one to remove and no special tool to do it with. Note to self: order one!
- Pictures I have in my cubicle: My 4 kids (at every imaginable stage), my dad, my husband. I love looking at them everyday. They make me smile.
- I need to stop on the way home and pick up eggs and mayo - things I forgot from yesterdays shopping excursion.
- I don't know why anyone would care about this list, but I'm bored and now I only have seven minutes left. YEAH!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Some of these are hilarious. It just shows how gullible we really can be. I'm awful, I tend to fall for anything. I can never tell if people are kidding me.