Wednesday, December 26, 2007

White Christmas

What an awesome Christmas - it started snowing about 3pm on Christmas Eve and didn't stop all night. We had a white Christmas - it's been way too long since that happened! Today is the 26th and we still haven't had our street plowed AND it is supposed to snow more today, in fact there are three more snowstorms in the next 5 days. YEAH!!!!

On Christmas Eve, we had the family over to our home for dinner and opening presents on my side of the family. It was a really fun evening and the kids were bouncing off the walls in anticipation for tomorrow. Scott and I finally got to bed about 1am.

After struggling with Audrey waking up 3 times during the night, the kids woke us up just after 7am and I was sooooo tired!!! My mom had stayed the night, so we all got up and after a brief picture on our stairs:


went downstairs to see what Santa had left us.

We had a great time opening gifts. Scott got me a diamond necklace, some silver earings, perfume, and a tanning pass (apparently I am too pasty white). I gave him mostly clothes and also a framed picture collage of our family – that he LOVED. Kesley got an ipod, but was upset she didn't get a cell phone. She also got a lot of clothes and accessories. Dallin got his new bike and lots of toys to keep him busy. Hallie got a princess table and chairs set, princess barbies and half a dozen other things "princess". Audrey got a radio flyer little bike, lots of toys and a princess doll. Santa even left a stocking for my mom. Browning (the dog that used to be ours, but we gave to my mom to keep her company) wandered around like a lunatic. He always gets weird on Christmas morning - we don't know why.

Later that morning we went to Scott's parents and had a great breakfast and exchanged gifts with his side of the family - only his parents and Nick & Kellie were there this year. After a great afternoon nap at home, we returned to his parents house for dinner and visited with more family. It was a great holiday and I am exhausted. Now today I get to clean up the aftermath, but at least the kids have lots of new things to keep them busy. I'm hoping to not hear "I'm bored" until at least tomorrow.


Merry Christmas 2007!

No comments: