Monday, November 15, 2010

Locks of Love

Last week Hallie was complaining as usual while I brushed her long hair and pulled it back into a pony tail. She wanted to wear it down, but I explained how snarly it gets when she wears it down to school. She pleaded, "Mom, can't I just please cut my hair shorter so i can wear it down?" Well, duh... why didn't I suggest that! I said, well sure you can if that's really what you want... and you know, you can also donate it to be made into a wig so someone who is sick and doesn't have hair will have beautiful hair to wear. That was it, she totally wanted to donate her long hair. I waited 2 days to make sure she really wanted to go through with it. Thursday morning we took her to Fantastic Sams (who is awesome by the way, free haircut if you donate your hair) and the transformation began...




She was thrilled with her new short hairdo and so excited her hair will be used to help someone in need with Locks of Love. Proud mom is a complete understatement. I love this kid!!!