Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting ready to POP

I will be 35 weeks this Saturday... countdown to D-day is in full swing. Since I will be having an induction at 39 weeks, I only have 4 weeks left ~ that's about 30 days according to MY plan... of course we all know babies often have their own plans...

My baby has been lying sideways (transverse) for several months now. He's perfectly content to stay that way it seems, so unless he turns head down on his own within the next 2 weeks, we're looking at a "version", which is where my doctor manually tries to turn the baby from the outside. Painful? YES! Worth it to avoid a c-section? Double YES!!!

So the possibility of a c-section is very real this time. I really want to do this MY way, but I realize the most important thing is a healthy baby... and I will do anything for that. If he doesn't turn and/or the version isn't successful, I'll deal with the c-section. But hoping like mad I can give birth to him on my own...

I have an appointment on Monday with my OB. She'll check to see if I have stared to progress yet... hoping for that as well since my induction will go much smoother and quicker if my body has already started to dialate and efface.

Sorry if this is all TMI. It makes me feel better to write it out and deal with it this way. And SO many of my friends and family are also expecting right now, so I know I have a lot of empathy and support from these girls. Hoping all of your pregnancies are also going well. Can't wait until we all start having our babies. ♥

Here is a photo from this past weekend. I'm now classified as ginormous... and I can't see my feet anymore.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

yikes, that "version" method sounds like no fun! i hope he turns on his own for your sake! good luck with the next 4 weeks! can't wait to see pictures of your little man.