Thursday, March 3, 2011

You've got a what in there?

So for weeks I've been pretty convinced I'm pregnant with an octopus. This baby is ALL arms and legs, with some elbows and knees thrown in there as well. He kicks, punches, pokes, stretches, and MOVES constantly. Either he's super healthy (and I'm very grateful to be feeling all this healthy movement) or he's the most hyper baby I've ever been pregnant with.

Lately I also have toyed with the idea I'm going to give birth to an elephant. He's getting so heavy and I'm feeling lots more pressure, uh... down there. I feel ginormous.

And the past day or so, I'm fairly sure that he's a pinball machine. Who knew a baby could poke and kick you so hard it looks like your stomach is going to burst open. Sitting in a meeting today, I had to hold my belly with both hands because it was visibly shaking and rolling as I was sitting there.

Since I'm being induced a week before my due date, I'm down to 7 more weeks (that's 49 days if your counting... I know I am). I am very anxious to be done with this whole thing. I'm excited to welcome Ryder into our family and put pregnancy behind me for good! For now... it's seriously ONE day at a time.

2 comments:

The Parkin Family said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Kellie said...

it must be a boy thing...luke was such a wiggly one and baby #2 is just as active. i can't believe you're down to 7 weeks!