Friday, April 13, 2012

Blog Catch Up...

I know, it's been forever since my last post and I'm sure that the 3 people who even read this thing have probably given up and lost interest by now... but just so I have it all documented, this is a quick update of happenings since last summer, followed by a photo dump that kinda corresponds to the update, but I don't have time to individually comment on each one...

June 2011
  • Moved into our new house
  • Had to go back to work after maternity leave
  • Bought a new Honda Pilot - it still isn't big enough for our huge family....
July 2011
  • Spent much of the month unpacking, painting, and spending way too much money on furniture
  • Went to my favorite concert ever... JOURNEY ♥
 August 2011
  • I turned 38... ugh
  • Another summer concert: Sublime and 311.  awesome
  •  Kids started back to school (Kesley ~ senior; Ash ~ 9th; Dallin ~ 6th; Max ~ 5th; Hallie ~ 1st; and Audrey ~ pre-school) 6 kids at FIVE different schools!
September 2011
  • Spent most of the month trying to get into a groove and routine for school.
  • Welcomed a new 6 weeks old kitten into our family.  She's adorable... named her Mocha.
  • Kes turned 18!  EEK!  How am I the mom of an 18 year old!
 October 2011
  • Ryder blessed by his grandpa Black
  • Spence turned 42
  • Halloween! Kes was a nurse, Ash and Max were zombies, Dallin was a master ninja, Hallie and Audrey were fairies, and Ryder was a dinosaur.
November 2011
  • Ash turned 15 and Audrey turned 5.
  • Thanksgiving at Spence's grandpa's, with another feast at our house the following Sunday
  • Black Friday with Spence, Ash and Kes... and Ryder in my baby bjorn carrier. He loved it.  Target crowds were insane, but we got some awesome loot.  :)
  • Spent 3 days in San Fransisco for work while the insane winds of 2011 ripped our roof off and tried to destroy our neighborhood.  Seriously, I could NOT believe all the damage when I came home.  
December 2011
  • Attended various Christmas parties and holiday shopping excursions....
  • We had a wonderful Christmas and loved spending time with our kids.  Santa was SO good to them this year... they were all very happy.
January 2012
  • Happy New Year!
  • Dallin started playing Jr Jazz basketball
  • Hallie turned 7
  • I've been SO busy month at work with reports and grants due...
February 2012
  •  Dallin turns 12 and becomes a deacon.  So proud of him.
  • Happy Valentines - Spence and I usually celebrate this holiday as our official start to our relationship.  It's now been 3 years.  And I am more in love with him every day. 
March 2012
  • Dallin goes on his first Scout campout.  He was SO excited and had a blast.
  • Max turned 11.
  • Took our kids on a surprise trip to Disneyland.  They had NO idea we were leaving until the morning of.  I will post a separate post about this one - with lots of pics.
April 2012 - I'm now up to date.... phew.  That was a fast overview of our super busy lives over the past 9 months.  My baby turns ONE in just 10 days.  That's how fast time has flown.  It's just crazy...





There are MANY more Disney pics to come in my next post (which hopefully won't take another 6 months to get on here)...

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Loved the post!! That stocking line-up is crazy!! And I love that you surprised everyone with Disneyland. I want to hear how each of them reacted.