Monday, March 31, 2008

OUCH!

I've slacked a little in my blogging efforts this last week, but I have a very good reason. I debated sharing this on my blog, but figure what's done is done, so why not? Last Tuesday I went under the knife for a cosmetic surgery procedure.


I'm done having kids and although I love them dearly, they have completely destroyed my body, so in an attempt to rectify some of my issues, I used some of our tax refund for this procedure. I'm happy I did it, although it has been extremely painful to recover from. I have been on lots of pain-killers this past week - bless the person who discovered Demerol.


Today is the first day I am just on Tylenol for pain and I am finally emerging from the fog I have been in. I am still hurting, but not the stabbing pain, just real sore and bruised.


Is it worth it? I think so - I have no problems with cosmetic surgery. I know lots of people have issues with it and some think it is flat out wrong, but I am happy with my decision. I didn't tell my mom about it until after the fact, but it surprised me how supportive she was, in fact she is considering a procedure as well. Who knew?

3 comments:

Kellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellie said...

Oh I hope you recover soon!

Jennie said...

i am glad that you are feeling better and soo glad that you are happy about your decision. Also, I am so happy that your mom was cool about it, that makes things a whole lot easier. Yeah, for you!