Monday, March 10, 2008

Sick & tired of being sick & tired!

I think I am losing it. I have a good excuse though. I have the flu and this is going on day number 8. I am so tired, worn down, and crabby I could seriously self combust.

Last Friday evening I was "helping" my two little ones clean up their room. Half way through the project I decided to lay down in their closet. Just laid there while they played all around me. Audrey even pulled down a bunch of books on my bare feet and I just laid there and cried about it. I was in there for over an hour. At one point Dallin came in and couldn't see me (because I was in the closet) - so he asked Hallie, "Where's mom?".
Hallie: "She's in the closet."
Dallin: "Mom, why are you on the floor in the closet?"
Me (in tears): "I don't know."
Dallin: "Are we going to have dinner soon?" (translation - are you going to get up and make us something)
Me: "Just eat cereal."
Hallie: "Yippeeeeee!!!!"
Dallin: "Do I HAVE to make HER cereal too?"
Me: "No son, don't strain yourself, I got it."
Dallin: "Can I make popcorn?"
Me: "No, it's bad enough you’re having cereal for dinner, let's not make it worse."
Dallin (sulking): "I like popcorn better."
Me: "Yeah, life's hard, deal with it."

My poor family. If it wasn't for the case of Kraft mac and cheese in my food storage and the Post cereal sale a while back, my kids would have starved while I was sick. I almost told them to break into their 72 hour kits. Doesn't mom being sick count as a disaster? If you answered no, I have a wreck of a house that would completely change your thinking.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sad! I didn't know you were feeling so crappy. I'm sorry! I hope the worst of it is over!

Annemarie said...

(Jennie's friend)You have my complete sympathy...it is so hard to be sick when you still have to be the mom. Get better soon!