Thursday, April 17, 2008

NBC is a big loser

I just got the following email from my cousin Jen regarding her application to the reality show, Biggest Loser.

Hi all!!

Well, we got the news and were not selected for season 6 – couples. Grrr….
The good news is, that they are still considering us for season 7. We gained the understanding that once you apply, it can take several seasons to be cast (assuming they like you in the first place).

So, while the news was not what was desired, I just have to tell you all how much your love and support has meant to me. I have struggled to overcome this issue in my life (as many or all of you know), but with renewed determination, I will still persevere. The world is full of opportunity, so I refuse to let this news get me down.


My reply...

Oh, Jen,

I have no words. I'm really sorry, but I guess if it usually takes several seasons to get cast, then whatever. I'm sure you are frustrated, but your e-mail seemed very upbeat (which doesn't surprise me because that's the type of person you are!) NBC is the biggest loser in this case because you guys are so incredible for this show! It just must not be your time to do it YET (which totally bites). Maybe there is some experience/opportunity you need to go through BEFORE this amazing opportunity can happen. I too feel like you WILL get cast eventually!!!! So season 6 will air in the fall - will they have season 7 air next spring (or will it wait again until fall 09)? I'm not sure how that all works. Ugh, I'm just so at a loss.

You know I love you to pieces and I am here for you if you need to vent, cry, yell or whatever. Can we plan a lunch again soon? I'd really like to visit when you have some time.

I'm sorry - please tell your family I am sorry. It's just not right. If the Office weren't on tonight, I'd boycott NBC. But, ya know, gotta watch the Office (I really need some humor in my life!)

Thanks for letting me know - I wish it had been different news.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh dang! I really hope they get to do it sometime! It would be so fun to watch someone you know on tv!

Anonymous said...

Ah Rachel! I was checking out your blog and saw a familiar email. Thank you again for your never-ending support. I'm using the money I dog-eared for Biggest Loser, toward losing the weight with the help of a trainer, etc. And...because of you, sweet Rachel, I will start posting my progress on my very own blog-spot, which I am working on right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much love to you, my dear!!