Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's the small things

Raising a teenager is hard. It can be SO frustrating and can seem like there is so much you give and then you receive very little in return. So I am trying to really appreciate the little things. Kesley got paid today and like any almost 15 year old girl she wanted to raid the mall. I served as chauffer for her and her friend - no big deal. Today I am totally wiped out though and she noticed that I had spent most of the day cleaning and was exhausted. She suggested we stop by 7-11 and she bought me a Diet Coke BIG GULP. Never has a drink been more appreciated and meant so much. I savored every swallow and was able to drive to the mall and back without falling asleep and killing myself. Thank you, Kesley!

3 comments:

Annemarie said...

Diet Coke can ALWAYS put a smile on my face!!!

Beck said...

Wow, I'm impressed! See you're doing SOMETHING right! (and it's not diet coke... gross!) She's beautiful, Rachel...good job!

Jennie said...

that would mean a lot to me too! a diet coke is always the best gesture