Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Daycare

I hate that word. Daycare. It makes me feel like such a bad mom. But it is my reality and today is Hallie and Audrey's first day at daycare. I found a really cute girl who was looking for a playmate for another 3 year old she tends. She wanted one child four days a week and I offered two kids two days a weeks. She was thrilled, so we are trying it out to see if it's a good fit for both her and my girls. Since my Mondays and Tuesdays are covered by family, their daycare days will be Wednesday and Thurday. Not as bad as full-time daycare, but still.

When I dropped them off and Hallie was immediately impressed she had a cat named Simon. They are going to be best buds until Simon realizes Hallie is not going to leave him alone. He'll have to find a really good hiding spot. Audrey liked the kitty too, but kept looking at me strange as I was taking off her shoes and jacket. Then I kissed them both goodbye, threatened Hallie to be nice to the kitty and her sister, and left. Audrey didn't scream hysterically as I went out the door so I took that as a very good sign. They've been there for 43 minutes - is it too soon to call and check on them???

Daycare bites. Working full-time bites more.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

awww I'm sorry. I did'nt realize you were starting full time right away. it's good you found someone to watch them and not actually have them in a daycare with a million kids. I would be wanting to call and check on them too! Maybe it's my pregnant emotions but I feel like crying right now, I'm sure you do to.

Kellie said...

i wouldn't quite call this day care...when i think of daycare i think of 20+ kids and 1-2 adults. I think you made a wise decision finding someone that can provide one-on-one time. Sounds like a great situation only 2 days a week too :)