Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lithotripsy

Yeah, you heard me. I had never heard of this procedure until a week ago when my Dr found 2 very large kidney stones (one on each side) during a CT scan. I've had back and kidney pain for a long time. My Dr called me a "ticking time bomb". With EVERYTHING else going on in my life this was not exactly what I wanted to hear.

So Monday I got to undergo a lithotripsy . Since it is extremely painful I was put under general anesthesia, so I don't remember a thing. Basically,they use sound waves to pulverize the stone so it can be passed. Uh-huh, I said passed. For the past three days I have been in a drugged fog trying to cover up the pain from the procedure and the resulting smaller stones. NOT FUN!!!

And the funnest part??? I get to do it AGAIN in 2 weeks to the other kidney. Do I have ALL the luck or what? GRRRRR........

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I didn't know you had to do it again!!! that is not good. i am sorry.

bottspot said...

UGGGGGHH! I'm sorry! Wishing you a speedy recovery! We should go out again sometime! Love ya!

Tonya Joy said...

Oh Rachel- I'm so sorry! Hope you get through it all and are better and more healthy on the other side of it!
My prayers are with you!

Annemarie said...

Oh man...so sorry. That really stinks and sounds so painful.
Eat some chocolate!