Sunday, October 12, 2008

Update on my life...

So here goes, there is no easy way to say this - Scott and I are getting divorced. I won't play the game of blame or describing the reasons. It has been in the makes for a very long time and honestly is overdue at this point. I am very sad, but mostly for what are kids will go through as we dissolve our marriage. Scott was removed from our home 3 weeks ago. I will be filing papers before the month is over. Just please pray for our kids and keep them in your thoughts. They are my biggest concern.

I will be putting my home up for sale in the next few weeks. We need to make a fresh start. If you know anyone who wants a 5 bedroom home in Centerville, send them my way. This is really a hard decision I have come to, probably the hardest thing I have ever had to decide. I am firm in this though and will only look ahead. My hope is that Scott and I can eventually be friends and put our children above everything else that has happened.

I love you all and thank you for your support - I imagine I will need shoulders to cry on and lean on in the weeks and months to come.

9 comments:

Shelly said...

So sorry to hear that. You and the kids will be in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry my shoulder is too far away.

Kellie said...

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers too! I know this is a tough decision but I hope you know we love you! Let us know how we can help..especially when moving time comes.

Jennie said...

You can lean on me as much as you need, I mean it. If you need a listening ear or someone to go take a break with, i am there for you. I love you and know that you will always be my sister.

Tonya Joy said...

Oh Rachel - I am so sorry you guys have to go through this! But I also pray that you can somehow keep perspective that you'll come out of it - and when you get on the other side - you'll be able to see the blessings surrounding you - and remember that you DO have friends near and far . . . lean on us all!

Lots of love!

bottspot said...

Call me if you need to chat. I had fun when we went out. Let's do it again soon!

Annemarie said...

So sorry that you are going through this. You are strong and smart and because of that everything will be alright in the end.

Hang in there! I know you have extended family that loves you very much!

Tasha said...

so sorry to hear of this. just know that you are so welcome to come to Monroe still :) you will always be considered family to me. just know that I am thinking of all of you at this time.

Robyn said...

Rachel-I am so sorry. Divorce is such a hard thing. I can't imagine what you and your children are going through. I know we haven't ever really been close, but please let me know if I can help in any way. I will keep you in my prayers.
Robyn

Kimah said...

Rachel, I'm sorry. I know this will be hard for everyone but you seem like such a strong woman and you have a wonderful support system. I'm thinking of you!

~Kim