Thursday, January 24, 2008

Our house - The infirmary

So this week really hasn't improved a whole lot. Hallie is still hacking up a storm and Audrey, although she tried to get out of Hallie's way, has caught it with a vengeance. Sad thing it, she's so little, I can't give her any cold medicine. Her little nose just runs and is getting red and sore. Yesterday afternoon I gave her a warm bath. We have a sponge thing she can lay on (or usually sits on so she won't slip-slide all over the tub). She laid on it while I poured warm water over her belly for 20 minutes. I had to add more water to keep it from getting cold. She was so relaxed that her eyes closed and she just kept sighing like it felt so good. She was about asleep - it was so cute.

Later Hallie fell asleep in front of the TV while watching Lion King. She's so congested and was snoring so loud, I had to turn the TV up so Audrey could hear the movie. Then Dallin came home yesterday complaining he didn't feel good either. At least he's older, but he still whines! By the time Scott got home I was so at my limit - I took a 30 minute shower and regrouped so I could face the evening and night. Audrey only woke up 4 times and actually slept from 2am until 7:30 am. I really needed that good stretch of sleep!

I haven't been to work since last week and haven't been out of the house since Monday. I haven't done my hair for 3 days either. Can you say stir crazy!!! I have cleaned up puke, crap and snot that would make even the most stalwart cry like a baby (don't you just want to rush over and visit me?). My house is a disaster. Hopefully this afternoon I can put children down and find some sort of organization to this chaos. These are the times of motherhood that you just hang on for dear life and hope it gets better soon. :)

How I feel...

crazy

2 comments:

Jennie said...

oh wow, all I can say is I am sorry. yeah, we will be avoiding your house for a few days for sure. my kids are both sick with that nasty cold as well. Zach is slowly getting better, Brooklyn's cough is pretty yucky and you can tell she just feels like crud. She also had diarhea in her panties yesterday. it was lovely. I love your little cat at the bottom of your post that so funny. I wish I could have seen Audrey sighing in the tub, that is so cute!

Kellie said...

Man, I'm really sorry Rachel! That sounds like no fun at all! Hopefully the worst is over and they will get feeling better soon. Good luck and let us know if we can do anything for you!