Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year


My goals (resolutions) for 2008:

  1. Lose 15 pounds. I know I can do this if I just try. I admit I've been lazy, but even being lazy I've lost more than 10 pounds in the last 6 months, so I KNOW I can do it if I really focus and make the effort!
  2. Not yell at my kids as much. I didn't say ever, because let's face it; sometimes they really drive me crazy! But, I really want to keep my cool a lot more than I do and I'm sure they will respond better if I do.
  3. Get caught up on my scrap-booking. I finally have a room devoted just to that purpose - I just need to get it organized and get going!!!
  4. Pray morning and night. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've let this one slide over the past year or so. Not on purpose, it just hasn't been a habit like it should be in my life, so I need to fix that. I also need to read my scriptures more - I know it would really help me, so I just need to DO IT!
  5. Attend the temple at least once a month. After Audrey was born, Scott and I really let this one go too. I'm not sure why since I really like going and it always makes me feel good. At least now that Audrey is older it will be easier to leave her for a few hours.
  6. Keep a clean house. OK, with 4 kids and a husband who DON'T pick up after themselves, this one will be a challenge, but my life seems so much more in sync when I have a clean home.
  7. Go on a family vacation. We'd love to go to Disneyland this fall and I hope we can afford it, but if not, we need to go somewhere. Even if it's just hiking in southern Utah or staying a few days in Lava Hot Springs.
  8. Find Scott a new job. Croft has been great, but let's face it, it's a go nowhere job with no raises and no advancement - and NO insurance. This is a must for '08.
  9. I have several home improvement projects I need to complete and/or get underway. I need to make better use of my time all around, but these need to be a priority for spring before the heat of summer hits and I'm bombarded with yard work! Speaking of yard work, I have even more projects I need to do once that time comes!
  10. And last but not least (I didn't realize this list would be so long when I started) I want to spend more time just enjoying my family. My kids are growing up so fast and I don't want to look back with regrets that I didn't spend enough time enjoying them. We need to go to the park more, read stories more and just hang out more.

    I think this is quite a list to work on, so I'd better get started!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

No comments: