Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ahhhh, the quiet...

I am loving this afternoon. My SIL Jennie and I took our kids to lunch and the pool. After an hour and a half the littlest kids were getting tired (and whiney), so I offered to take the 3 youngest home for naps. My Hallie (3), Jennie's Brooklyn (2) and my Audrey (19 months) are ALL asleep at the SAME TIME. Audrey fell asleep in the car on the 5 minute drive home. Hallie settled down and was out in record time. Brooklyn had a little drama at first and cried, no screamed for awhile, but I told her I was calling her mama to see when she'd be back, and she calmed down and fell asleep. No, I never called - and yes, I lied to the sweet innocent child. Here they all are sleeping blissfully (a little dark since I didn't use a flash)...

Hallie in my bed

Brooklyn in Dallin's bed

Audrey in her crib

I love how the pool and being outside always wears little kids out.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

they all look so sweet and peaceful. So sorry Brook was the one to cause the drama. But it sounds like you actually got a little quiet time to yourself! how nice!

Kellie said...

haha, that's cute!