Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday FIVE

1. Nectarines. I should start a weekly favorite fruit - it seems like every week I name a different fruit I love. This is one of my favorite fruits though. I wish we had a nectarine tree so I could eat them more - they are SO dang expensive at the store. I am going to the farmer's market this fall to hopefully buy enough to make freezer jam. Mmmm... good.


2. Birthday Treats at Work. We had two this week and I love it. It makes an ordinary boring day so much nicer. Not only do we get a fun treat, but we stand around chatting forever. Love that. One of the treats was Raspberry Chocolate Chunk ice cream - Private label brand from Smiths. Not only was it SO good, but 1/2 the fat of regular ice cream.


3. This cute skirt from Down East basics. They have been out of my size forever, but finally have it available. I am ordering it for my birthday. I love all of their clothes.


4. Finding money in forgotten pockets. Must have been my lucky week because I found $5 in a purse I haven't used in awhile and $2 in the pocket of my jeans I haven't worn in months. Great surprise.


5. Storytime. I love reading with my kids, especailly Audrey. I love how she backs into my lap and plops herself down epecting me to read to her. And it's never enough - she'd sit their all day reading book after book. Her favorite right now is Dr Seuss's ABCs. Kesley had this entire book memorized when she was 2.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

MMM nectarines are a favorite for me too.

Annemarie said...

Finding money in a pocket is a beautiful thing!! It hasn't happened for a REALLY long time...I'm due!