Thursday, July 24, 2008

Larry's back

I'm sure most of you are wondering, who the heck is Larry??? Larry is a snake - an actual reptile. Dallin had a tiny pet snake at our old house which Hallie named Larry (she pronounced it "Yarry"), but he died.

Last year when we moved into our new house, we found 4 different snakes in our yard within the first month - big snakes, one the thickness of my car's sterring wheel. I hate snakes. I wanted to move again. Luckily with all the movement of our kids playing outside and me chasing them away with a shovel, Larry & his gang left.

I was thrilled so far this year that no Larrys had returned. I have been happily doing my yardwork until this week. I had transplanted some starts from my mom's yard and was watering them, when some movement along the fencepost caught my eye. A small Larry slithered through the fence slats and into our neighbor's backyard. Crap.



2 comments:

Katie said...

Gross! I go in to total meltdown mode when a snake is within 10 feet of me, there is nothing worse! Good luck, I hope you don't have any more serpent encounters.
Katie

Kellie said...

uh-oh! i'm not going to pick it up again...it peed on me last year!