Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The HEAT is on!


Summer is in full force. We are melting. As I walked from my car to Costco this afternoon carrying Audrey and half dragging sleepy Hallie, it felt like I was walking through an oven.

And speaking of ovens, I haven't turned mine on in days and even then I baked a cake at 8am to avoid heating up my kitchen. We are existing on grilling, salads and fruit - ok, and I admit it, cereal and toast.

At least we have a shady backyard, so the kids can still play outside for a little while. But mostly, they are playing in the basement with their toys and Dallin's xbox. It's so much cooler down there - I may sleep down there on the love sac tonight.

Can't complain too much though - Utah is afterall, a desert. Anyone want to go on a trip to New Zealand? I hear it's a blizzard there.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I know!! it is sooo hot, but perfect weather for swimming! you still up for the rec center on thursday?

thegalpinclan said...

Oh yes it is so hot! But I agree completely with you and loving the summer nights! It's bliss!! Your fam is so adorable. I just love you all!!