Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America

I hope you all have a very happy and safe Fourth of July.

I am so thankful to live in this country. I know it isn't perfect, but compared to much of the world we are SO lucky. Some reasons I love the USA...
  • I can be whatever I want to be. My husband can change jobs, even careers if he wants to. My children have every door open to them to do whatever they chose to do with their lives.

  • I go to bed each night and wake up each morning knowing I am free.

  • I am not afraid for my life or that of my family.

  • I can travel in my country without restrictions.

  • I can openly practice my religion and choose what denomination I will be a part of. What's more, our country as a whole believes in God and trusts in Him.

  • I have health care and medical facilities available to me. It isn't perfect, but it exists when some countries have nothing.

  • What's more, I have medicine that keeps my family well, when many countries have nothing to protect them from the simplest CURABLE ailments.

  • I had my children in a hospital. Without it, Kesley and I would have both died.

  • I can vote and make MY voice heard.

  • I have enough food to eat and I can feed my children.

  • My home is safe and protects me from harm, weather, etc.

  • My community has never been shaken with bombings or shootings or any kind of war-like violence.

  • My employment is secure and I have health insurance through my job.

  • Men and women have equal rights. My husband does not own me.

  • I can keep in contact with my family and extended family. I have never been forced to leave them or choose between being with them or being free.

  • And finally, there are men and women who risk their lives everyday for MY freedom. Many have died defending this great country and keeping our world safe. I am so humbly grateful for that sacrifice.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I agree. We are so blessed