Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Don't you hate it when...

...You have to be somewhere (like work) by a certain time, you are already late and have dripping wet hair. No problem right, that's what a blow dryer is for - except for when you go to turn it on and all you get is "click". Half a dozen clicks later, you come to terms with the fact that it is beyond dead and begin to panic.

So what did I do? Turned up the AC and tried to get some of my hair dry over the vent in our bedroom. Then I flat-ironed the heck out of it in an attempt to steam it dry. I have A LOT of thick hair, so this took FOREVER.

The result? Weirdly enough - poofy hair, even though I used my flat iron spray and leave-in conditioner AND anti-frizz serum. It just felt fluffy and I had fly-aways ALL day long. Gross. It was a bad hair day for sure!

The positive? I have wanted to buy an ionic hair dryer for a long time and finally got one on the way home work. They aren't as expensive as when they first came on the market, so that was a plus. I can hear it as I type this because like most of my new things, I have a 14 year old who always manages to "test" them out before I can have a chance to even think about using it. Just like my new nail polish I bought yesterday - she already had it on before I even removed my old polish (BTW, I love this new color - tune in to my Friday FIVE cause it will get an honorable mention).

Other than big hair, it was a good day.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

haha, sounds like a crazy morning! do you have naturally curly hair?

Rachel said...

It would be great if it was curly - nope, just natural frizz. ICK!