Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday FIVE

1. As referenced in a post earlier this week, I am in love with my new nail polish color... "turned up turquoise". I think I've mentioned before that I hate feet - they are just gross, but it's a must to have my toenails looking fabulous.

2. Cooking with my kids, especially my 3-year-old Hallie. She is a budding Betty Crocker. She loves to pour in the ingredients and watch the mixture go round and round. And yes, she's turned it on full blast and we've scraped cookie dough off the ceiling before. And her favorite part is of course licking the beater, the spoon, the bowl and whatever else she can weasel out of me. By the time our cookies are baked, she's usually full from eating dough.


3. My new swim suit. Who would have thought I would love a swim suit (they are mostly evil), but I found the cutest suit - I love the print, the colors, the style, how it fits, the whole shebang. I almost can't wait to go out in public and lounge around the pool. Below are a picture of my actual suit and a picture of one the same style, but different fabrics. Love the whole line: hapari swimwear.


4. Morning exercise time. I have been getting up early and walking/running at the park track next to our house. I am really enjoying having a half hour or so to myself before starting my busy day. It has made me more patient with my kids and since I am up early, I am getting more things done - and I have more energy with exercising! I missed this morning (cause I got woken up more than half a dozen times last night by every one of my 4 kids - what the heck???) and I am feeling real off!

5. Costco. This is a love/hate relationship actually. I love going in and finding all the great buys, new products, must-have food and of course - the samples! But, let's face it... checking out sucks. My bill is always WAY more that I intended to spend. Still, I love buying 5 pounds of tortilla chips, gallons of mouthwash and that ginormous bottle of vitamins.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I love your friday five this week! Super cute swimming suit! Now I'm thinking I need one :) But do you know what that new suit means?...You guys have to come to the gorge. Yep.

Shelly said...

I miss Costco. Our nearest one is 2-3 hours away and Sams, although pretty good, is not the same.