Monday, June 23, 2008

Summertime Blues

Well, here it is already - one more week in June and we are onto July. Here in Utah, July moves pretty quick: we celebrate not only the 4th of July, but also the 24th of July (also called Pioneer Day when our pioneer settlers first came to the Salt Lake Valley and established our area). And then once July is over, we can pretty much label August as "back to school" month as we prepare for another school year.

And so far what have we accomplished? Not much. So, I am making a summer list of things I want to do with my family (some just with the kids while Scott is at work, others with all 6 of us)...

  • Get a pioneer picture taken at Lagoon. We haven't had one done for a few years and need to get one with Audrey! So, I guess going to Lagoon, period is on the list - even though it really isn't my favorite place to hang out.
  • See Kung-Fu Panda.
  • Go swimming at the Bountiful Rec (I still haven't ever been there).
  • Visit the Museum of Natural History - this is Kesley's request. She remembers it from when she was little and wants to go again this summer. Ahhhh.
  • Roast hot dogs in the canyon.
  • Go on a 4-wheeler ride in the Bountiful hills.
  • Go boating with Jones (they invited us to go to Powell with them this week, but we just couldn't make it work - yes, we are feeling super bad).
  • Obviously attend fireworks in July!!!
  • Have a family barbq in our sweet backyard - hopefully more than once!
  • Go camping in August with Scott's family (really looking forward to this one, even though we'll be in a tent for the 1st time in MANY years).
  • Dallin has already talked with our dentist and asked if we can go swimming at their house - there is a long history here, so I know we'll do this one.
  • Spend a day in Park City and go on the Alpine slide, etc.
  • Scott really wants to take Dallin to the Larry H Miller Sportspark.
  • The zoo (done once, but we'll probably go again in Aug/Sept)
  • Lots of running through the sprinklers (at home and at Grandma Bee's/Jennie's).
  • Spend afternoon at the Gateway fountain.
  • Rent (or maybe buy) Horton Hears a Who.
  • Hike Timpanogas Cave (and no, I have NO idea how to spell that).
  • Raging Waters (maybe - it's gotten so expensive).
  • And finally, we are still planning to go to Disneyland in Sept - but since we are driving to CA, if gas keeps going up, we might wait until spring so we can use some of our tax return to help with the costs.

Even if we accomplish half of this list, I will be happy. These aren't must does, just ideas to keep the kids busy, me sane, and make some fun memories!

Happy Summer!!!


3 comments:

Kellie said...

Why the crap did I get a job?! I'll just come hang out with you guys all summer! Awesome plans!

Anonymous said...

Argh! You are making me miss Utah summers. I'm sure they're good here in Oregon too. We just haven't explored enough yet. Sniff, sniff.

But seriously, Utah or Oregon, there's only one thing I'm doing this summer. Four more weeks!

bottspot said...

How come we're not on your list? We need to get together. Thanks for the great ideas of things to do with my kids this summer. My kids are already driving me insane!!!!! One month till school starts!!!! What's the link for Bountiful high? I didn't know we were linked to them. Love the blog! You give me great inspiration for keeping up. Jen