Saturday, June 14, 2008

My baby got a job!

No, not Audrey! My biggest baby (both at birth and now), Kesley got her FIRST JOB!!! She will be working at an assisted living center taking dinner orders and serving food to the elderly. One of her friends already works there and begged her to come in and apply. They offered her a job on the spot and she starts on Monday. She'll be working a couple of evenings a week. I am so excited and this job really seems like it will work well for several reasons:
  1. It isn't far from where we live, so I won't have to drive a ton to get her to and from work.
  2. Her friend works there and between the 2 moms, we can share in the pick up/drop off responsibility.
  3. She will only work a few hours at a time (she's only 14 for crying out loud!).
  4. She doesn't have to work on Sunday.
  5. She doesn't work late, so getting off when it's dark is not an issue.
  6. It's a safe environment.
  7. They will be flexible with her summer schedule (girls camp, camping trips, etc).
  8. She will work with the elderly and hopefully gain a better perspective and respect for them.
  9. She has to wear a uniform.
  10. My almost 90 year old grandma lives there (Kesley's great-grandma), so she can keep an eye on her and is SO excited to see her at dinnertime!

So, here we go - a new phase in her life - the world of the employed. She can hardly wait to get her first paycheck and some cash in her pocket. I am ecstatic too - her fashion tastes have gotten more expensive in the past few years and she has begun to ask for money on a daily basis!

Yeah for Kesley!!! I'm so proud of you!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

How awesome!!! That's exciting. I remember my first job when I was 14 too, at Keva washing dishes. haha.

Rachel said...

Yeah, first jobs are so fun! I was also 14 and worked at the U of U microfilming tuition receipts. It was SO boring!

Tonya Joy said...

Weren't WE just 14 ? ? ?

Where is all the time going?