Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Work Schedule

Today Gov Huntsman announced that all State agencies will be going to four 10-hour work weeks. I job-share and work part-time so I am currently working Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday (8-hour days). This new change should work really well for me since it will mean I can just work Mondays and Wednesdays and have a four day weekend EVERY week.

Getting used to working 7am until 6pm (have to factor in the 1 hour unpaid lunch) will be a major adjustment - especially once winter comes and I am going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

Another plus is that Scott already has Mondays off, so he will cover taking care of the kids that day and between my mom and MIL, they can either split each Wednesday or alternate weeks.

I am also looking for a second part-time job (at night) since we are trying to pay off debt, the economy is crap and it costs a small fortune to drive anywhere (or buy anything since gas drives the prices of everything up). So having a more set schedule will make that easier to secure.

Anyway - so far I think I am looking forward to this change coming up the first of August. But keep in mind I work for the government, so expecting a wrench to be thrown into any situation is pretty standard. We'll see if it all goes as planned.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh how cool! I think I would like to do four ten-hour shifts per week...that would be nice. That's interesting that every state agency is going to be doing that. So...what kind of a part time job do you want? Something where you can work from home or what?

Kellie said...

also...love the new look of your blog. so cute.