Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday FIVE

In honor of Friday the 13th, these are my 5 favorite scary/thriller movies...


  1. The Sixth Sense - I loved that this movie completely tricked me up to the end. I had no idea the twist that was coming and it made you want to watch it again just to catch all the clues. I love it when a movie can completely pull the wool over my eyes.

  2. The Shining - Stephen King is the king of horror. Although this movie was pretty tame as far as Stephen goes, it is a classic horror movie and I have watched it many times. Red rum! Two others by King that are good: Carrie and Salem's Lot.

  3. What Lies Beneath - it doesn't end really scary, but there are some super spine-tingling moment of anticipation. I watched several scenes with my blanket up to my nose.

  4. Kiss the Girls - I love suspense and crime solving movies. This one is rated R (sorry, maybe Clean Flicks would have an edited copy), but I saw it more than 10 years ago. I really like Morgan Freeman - and he is so good in this role. The second movie in this series (also with Freeman) is good too: Along Came A Spider.

  5. An a few from my youth... Something Wicked This Way Comes, Poltergiest and Lost Boys (I think I liked the music in this one more than the actual movie though).




Oops, it looks like my list is longer than 5 this week. Oh well, it's my blog - deal with it.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

These are good ones! I haven't seen Kiss the Girls or Something Wicked This Way Comes, but I liked the rest!

Tonya Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tonya Joy said...

sorry - typos drive me nuts - I had to have a do-over!

I'm SO not a scary movie girl. Although I DID watch (and enjoy) the Shining!
Eeeeek!