Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday FIVE

1. I love spring (now that I think it is finally here to stay). I love the rain especially. It makes everything so green and my flowers are loving it. My favorite is taking an afternoon nap when it's raining outside (every once in awhile my kids let me do that!)


2. My favorite dessert in the whole world is Tres Leches Cake and the best place to buy it is Cafe Rio (although Z'Tejas comes in at a close second). I also have a from scratch recipe that is pretty good. But the cake in a box version from Betty Crocker is less than desireable. If you ever have a chance, try one - or if I really like you I might make you one.


3. Love the color turquoise. I wish I had more clothes in that color. Aren't these dresses cute? I need a new summer dress too!


4. Dallin made this cute bead bracelet for me at cub scouts this week for Mother's Day. He was so excited he couldn't wait till Sunday to give it to me. I love it!


5. This one is practical, but I really like Cascade 2in1 ActionPacs. No more spilling dishwasher powder all over or trying to get the last of the liquid out of the bottle. Just grab a little plastic covered soap pouch and pop it in the dispenser. The plastic dissolves and Dawn prewashes the load, then the Cascade soap is perfectly proportioned for the wash. AND they come in several scents!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

all very great things. you know me and turquoise. I think at this point i need to STOP buying things that color because I feel like I have too many. rainy days are awesome, but at this point in the season i am up for more sunny days!

Annemarie said...

I LOVE sleeping during a good rain!! It can be soooo relaxing. I didn't even know Cafe Rio made cake...hmmm...

Annemarie said...

BTW, the new blog look is very cute!