Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In

All I can say is uhhggggg! After a week of watching what I am eating (not totally dieting, but trying to stay away from no-no's) and exercising 5 out of the 7 days, I didn't lose anything - in fact I gained .4 pounds. What?????

I guess it just goes to show that this weight didn't show up overnight and it ain't leaving quickly either. Fine - game on. I will NOT lose this stupid weight war and I will have good news to report next week. Truth be told, the .4 I gained overall is actually not as bad as I was fearing - I had weighed myself on Sunday and had gained 1.6 pounds since last Wednesday. THAT was so depressing, so at least I am losing that weird gain.


I hope the rest of you have had better success this past week.

This week's tip...
Don't skip meals.
Skipping meals is one of those dieting mistakes most of us make at one time or another. But meal skipping does your diet more harm than good. You'll be more likely to eat too much later on, plus your body may go into "starvation mode" if you skip too often -- which will cause it to actually hang on to weight rather than lose!


Most meal-skippers forgo breakfast. It seems to be the easiest meal to do without. But in reality, breakfast may influence weight loss more than any other meal!
If you aren't hungry first thing in the morning, have something small. Do you actually forget to eat in the a.m. hustle and bustle? Set an alarm to go off some time after you normally rise to remind you to stop, take a breath ... and eat.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

You're probably gaining muscle from working out so much. I wouldn't be worried, you look great!

Rachel said...

You are so nice, but I don't think so - although it is a great thought!!!

Jennie said...

poo poo on that. that is no fun. I also have not lost a single pound. I have the excuse of my monthly cycle. just keep trying!!! I think that you are so cute anyways!