Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In

OK, so this isn’t as bad as it sounds. And no, I am not going to add a blogging item for every day of the week: i.e. Monday Mania or Saturday Snapshots. I need help people – and I am enlisting YOU to give me the help I desperately need to get my butt in gear and lose some extra pounds.

I was doing great and was losing weight at a fairly steady rate until the end of March and then I don’t know what happened. That’s a lie, I know what happened – I got lazy. Wasn’t eating right and didn’t get up and move like I should have. And I am really struggling getting motivated again – I mean REALLY struggling.

So here is my plan. I am going to be held accountable for my weight loss goals. I am going to report each Wednesday on my progress – NOT my actual weight, that would be very uncomfortable for me and probably you! What I will report is how many pounds I lose each week. There are enough people paying attention to my blog, that I feel like this might work.

AND, any of you are WELCOME to join me. Please feel free to check in via the "comment section" and let us know YOUR progress as well. We can have success in numbers and we can find support and encouragement in each other! Plus, if you have any dieting/exercise/weight-loss secrets, please feel free to share … I need ALL the help I can get! I will try to share at least one tip each week .

So, for today – this is the STARTING POINT. I weighed myself this morning and my weight loss goal is to lose 13.8 pounds (and yes, I will count every one-tenth!!!) I am not going to set a completion date for this goal because I firmly believe that sets you up for failure. As long as I am losing each week, I am progressing towards my goal.

This week’s tip…
When you feel hungry, try drinking at least 8-12 ounces of water and wait 15 minutes. Often, our body is just dehydrated, but it manifests itself as hunger. After 15 minutes, if you are still feeling hungry, eat a healthy snack and drink more water. I was amazed how many times this worked for me!

3 comments:

Tonya Joy said...

OK girl . . . I'm in!

I weigh on Mondays, but I'll be here every Wednesday to check on you, too! And when I come home to UT in July . . . I hope to be 8 lbs lighter than I am now.

My tip - gum. I used to chew it all the time in HS and college . . . but for some reason while staying at home, I forgot about the stuff - so when I feel the need to snack, I pop in some gum - it's usually all my mouth needs!

Jennie said...

nice, i will be checking to see how you are doing. um, sure i will be happy to report how much i have lost or gained each week, but since i am not doing any dieting right now, i don't know how well it will go. I am however, excercizing more. It realized that not only will I obviously look better (in a while) but it is so what my mind needs too. i will definitely use the water thing. I know that i don't drink enough water. and I know that is something huge when trying to lose weight. so good luck

Kellie said...

this is a great idea. i definitely need to get in shape. i'm horrible when it comes to exercising. and i just saw millions of people on bikes all over in europe and i've decided that's what I'd like to start doing...a good bike ride at least weekly...and less dessert. We'll see how it goes :)